The new normal has exhausted our explorative interests with COVID-19 & lockdown rules. Coronavirus has taken over all spheres of life by curbing our travel interests. Physical distance is a part of our lifestyle. Media houses & news bullets keep up the statistics on Covid-19 cases & vaccine functions.
With the pandemic spread, one such problem is Allergic Rhinitis, i.e. co-existing with us. Adding to it, with the rise in pollution and the colossal lifestyle in India, nobody is free from allergies. Over 35% of treatment going rounds is useless as only a few people realize that they have a problem.
Allergic Rhinitis is . . .
Rhinitis is not only allergic but is also a chronic respiratory disease caused by intense irritation & inflammation. It occurs in the membranes lining your nose. In the age of information, respiratory disorders seep in with overlapping symptoms that are common to COVID–19.
In the recent past, since the mutation of the coronavirus, the symptoms seem to differ & this has alerted the masses with panic mode. Right diagnosis & key role of recovery guide can create a world of difference within a brief span.
Allergic Rhinitis & COVID-19
- COVID-19 is airborne & can allege serious infections because of its communicable nature. Whereas, an allergy is more commonly occurring because of an overactive immune response to a stimulating allergen.
- With adding air pollution, respiratory allergies have increased chronic durability in nature. That includes bouts of sneezing, cough, asthma, allergies & wheezing (that lasts for several weeks to months).
- This can overlay with the COVID–19 symptoms such as fever, fatigue, cough and shortness of breath.
- Allergic Rhinitis mainly featured by watery and itchy eyes. It also exhibits symptoms like blocked nose, lethargy, and sleep disturbances.
- Cough is a common symptom in both cases, as associated with Bronchial Asthma.
- Allergic rhinitis is more chronic because of allergen exposure. The exclusive symptoms include rhinorrhea, sneezing, nasal itching, and nasal congestion.
- Fever, body aches and pains do not appear in cases of seasonal allergies, unlike the cases of COVID-19 where these symptoms are common.
End panic with pandemic!
Just on the note that allergic Rhinitis is chronic & leads to no harm doesn’t make it any less dangerous than coronavirus when ignored. The pollution can pump up serious disorders such as asthma, sinusitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Right diagnosis at the right time can save your money, time, health & life. Take your vows on health at the earliest and own your shield against respiratory disorders.
If the symptoms persist again, there are heavy reasons to consult a doctor for preventive measures & avoid long-term impact on health.