Want to avoid falling sick? Boost your immunity!
Immunity is your body’s ability to fight diseases. Your immunity can protect you from infections, allergies and many diseases. So, if you want to prevent diseases, you need to improve your immunity power. And nothing works better that natural sources to strengthen your immune system. Here is a list of foods to boost your immune system. These foods not only keep diseases at bay by pushing your immunity levels but also help you maintain a healthy weight and look great.
–Green tea has gained great popularity over the last few decades owing to its anti-inflammatory properties. While other drinks like black coffee, white tea are also included in the list of foods to boost the immune system, green tea is an all-time favorite.
–This is great news for all chocolate lovers. Dark chocolate has earned repute for being one of the healthiest foods and can be taken to improve your immune system.
–Citrus fruits are those fruits that boost the immune system and can keep you healthy in every way. They are a rich source of vitamin C, which is greatly responsible for fighting off infections. Oranges, lemon, grapefruit, kiwi, etc. are the most popular ones. So, make sure you have a daily dose of these fruits.
–The trusted age old honey is a great pick to boost your immune system quickly because of it is loaded with antioxidant and antibacterial qualities. Manuka honey is especially recommended for people who wish to build immunity naturally.
Red Bell Peppers
–Red bell peppers have gained much popularity owing to the rich content of vitamin C and beta-carotene in it. It has great ability to boost your immunity and regular consumption can help fight allergies and infections.
– Broccoli is one of the superfoods that contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidant, and fiber. It tops the list of foods to boost the immune system and is best taken in soups and salads, with minimal cooking.
– Mushrooms are another power packed foods, which can keep you healthy. They are rich in important minerals, anti-oxidants and can boost your immune system quickly. Regular intake of mushrooms can also protect you from various illnesses ranging from common cold and flu to some types of cancers.
Spinach, an important green leafy vegetable, rich in iron and other vital nutrients is a popular choice in the list of immunity boosting foods. It can be used in various food preparations and its nutrients are best preserved when it is only lightly cooked.
– While sweet potato is loaded with carbs and fiber, it has great properties to enhance your immune system. Rich in vitamins and beta-carotene, sweet potatoes are sure to make you healthy and strong.
– Yogurt is the best probiotic that gives you a healthy gut and keeps digestive problems at bay. Plain yogurt is the best choice to improve your immune system, however, you can also sweeten it with fruits, if you like.
Nuts and Seeds
–Of late, nuts and seeds are treated as superfoods and these foods can boost immune system naturally. Choose from almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds and they will help to combat illnesses.
– Spices have a special place in most Indian diets. In other areas too, owing to the anti-inflammatory properties, many spices are being increasingly used. Some of the natural spices known to boost immunity include cloves, black pepper and turmeric. Garlic, ginger and onions too are widely used in Indian cooking and can also be eaten raw. They are rich in anti-oxidants, have great healing properties and can help you fight infections and anti-inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
– Whole grains are rich in fiber and contain all the essential vital nutrients to keep you healthy. You can include whole grains like oats, barley, whole wheat and brown rice in your regular diet to get a daily dose of immunity booster foods.
– Eggs and chicken are the richest source of proteins, which make them one of the most favourite immunity boosting foods. Eggs can be taken in many ways, can be added to many dishes and egg whites are also loved by many. Chicken soup has great healing properties and proves beneficial to fight away cold and flu.
– Fish is known as protein rich food and is a great source of healthy fats too. Salmon, mackerel, tuna and shellfish like crabs, lobsters and oysters top the list of foods to boost the immune system.
Foods and fruits that boost the immune system are very important as they help to prevent various illnesses and keep you fit. You can easily incorporate them into your daily diet and enjoy a healthy life.
Remember, you are what you eat! So, choose the best immunity boosting foods.
Say no to diseases and yes to good health!